Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Traditional Games



Today after class some local Cosa Rican (Costarricense) children came to our school. The teachers (maestras) taught us some traditional games the children play in school. It was very fun! We sang songs and played games, some similar to games in the US. A favorite in Costa Rica is Jacks. We also had races similar to 'gunny sack' races. We got a lot of information to take back and use in our classes and had a blast! The games were all explained in Spanish. So many times I didn´t understand what was happening and relied on watching everyone else. I prayed they wouldn´t call on me. I often understand how my students feel! All is good. Esta Bien.


Pura Vida!
Megan

PS. I just used spell check and everything was wrong except the few Spanish words I used!

1 comment:

Cindy A'Hearn said...

Hi Megan,

I am enjoying your blog! Poor thing, having cold showers! I wasn't sure, is the school at the top of the hill or your house? Who are the others that you are sharing the cab with? Are they other teachers?

Cindy